Weight: from 1947g to 2400g in size M depending on the configuration
Hike and fly
- Emergency lifts
- Speed bar
- Repair kit
About the STRIKE 2
Compared to the STRIKE 1, it is more ergonomic, more comfortable and more flexible thanks to an optional Inflatable protection . It is intended for the pilots of Hike & Fly of competition, flight bivouac and leisure. It can also be the main harness for cross country pilots looking for lightness.
Easy installation and security with the closing of the harness on the two points of attachment of the glider. The harness opens completely and closes directly on the carabiners without any other loops and on only two points.
The new geometry allows a better transmission of the glider to the pilot, fine and sensitive, adjustable by the distance of the belly band.
The comfort is complete with a removable comfort plate, and a geometry of the fasteners of the speedbag that allows a natural and effortless position of the legs. By selecting the AIR version, the harness will be delivered with its Inflatable protection approved allowing to save weight (65g) and especially volume carried in the bag. Ideal for Hike & Fly competition as well as expeditions in flight bivouac.
For mountain landings or in case of turbulence, the harness can be flown seated with legs bent, it remains manoeuvrable and comfortable.
On take-off, the run is easy ( harness light at legstraps ), the sitting and the installation in the speedbag are obvious.
In flight, the adjustments and geometry of the harness allow adaptations to the morphology and the positions of flight of each pilot.
The seat position with the back tilted back offers excellent support.
The STRIKE 2 has been designed to be flown with dyneema connections. This makes the material lighter and the legstraps fixed like the harness X-Alps. The harness should be put on like a harness. This is the "competition" mode.
- Hike & Fly competition
- Position: sitting to 3/4 lying
- For regular and experienced pilots
- Bumpair Strike 2
- Ventral parachute pocket with rescue riser hooks on the shoulders
- Auto stability legstraps
- Closure of the harness with 2 points on the Carabiners
- Grivel PLUME WIRE LOCK K3L carabiners
- Removable back comfort plate
- Removable Carbon Mini-Seatplates
- Speedbag integrated
- Footrest in the speedbag with carbon seatplates
- Instrument holder on front pocket
- Lightweight double-bar speed bar suitable for Speedbag
- Hydro system (pre-equipped)
- Zelden idler pulleys, diameter 20 mm
- Back storage pocket
- Side pocket on Speedbag
- Bag from Storage under the front of the seat (it is not recommended to use the subcutaneous bag to receive a weight greater than 3 kilos)
- Pocket under the cockpit
- Shoulder length adjustment
- Belly spread adjustment
- Adjustment backrest tilt with additional support Lumbar
- Length adjusmtent of the Speedbag
- Speedbag tilt adjustment
- 210D Ripstop nylon
- Nylon 40d
- Dyneema Strap
- LTF Standard
- EN Standard
This harness comes with the following accessories:
- Grivel PLUME WIRE LOCK K3L carabiners
- Carbon Mini-seatplates
- Carbon feet seatplates for SM/L XL Speedbag
- Removable comfort plate
- 2B LIGHT speed bar SPEEDBAG
- Dyneema solo risers
- Repair kit
- User's Manual
COMPETITION MODE: 1947 g (M size, fully equipped, with speed bar and dyneema risers, ready to fly).
In this mode, the glider is attached with the connectors (option), the harness is put on by two legstraps. The back protection is the inflatable BUMP (Option). The pilot does not use the removable comfort plate or the mini-seatplates.
LIGHT MODE: 1998 g (M size, fully equipped, with speed bar and dyneema risers, ready to fly)
the competition configuration but with the Grivel PLUME WIRE LOCK K3L carabiners !
STANDARD MODE: 2220 g (M size, fully equipped, with speed bar and dyneema risers, ready to fly).
In this mode the harness opens and closes completely on the Grivel PLUME WIRE LOCK K3L carabiners. The back protection is the original foam version. The pilot does not use the removable comfort plate.
GRAND COMFORT MODE: 2400 g (M size, fully equipped, with speed bar and dyneema risers, ready to fly).
In this mode the harness opens and closes completely on the Grivel PLUME WIRE LOCK K3L carabiners. The back protection is the original foam version. The pilot installs the removable comfort plate for added comfort.
A - RESCUE PARACHUTE POCKET
B - STORAGE BACK POCKET
C - BUMP
COMPARED TO STRIKE 1:
- New closing system, without loops, directly in the carabiners. No need to put on the right leg as on the STRIKE 1, while keeping the natural anti-forgetting security with two closing points. Only one point closed: harness is secure.
- The Strike 2's new seat geometry transmits information to the pilot better and gives a more precise steering than the Strike 1.
- The riser sheath of the parachute pocket is fully integrated: the risers are in the sheath all the way to the inside of the bag.
- New geometry of the speedbag settings. The legs are supported in flight.
- New geometry of the harness allowing a more recumbent flight , with a receding center.
- The harness is more resistant: approved for 120 kg instead of 100 kg. Reinforcements on the emergency riser attachments.
- Revised size with the addition of the XL size. This allows for accurate coverage and a good fit for pilots from 5'10" to 6'10"...
The STRIKE 2 is a very light harness . It has been strengthened compared to the STRIKE 1, however any use outside of the flight range is likely to wear out the harness prematurely. SIVs are not recommended with this harness.
The STRIKE 2 is a harness for experienced pilots, and we do not recommend it as a first pod harness.
RESCUE PARACHUTE INSTALLATION
You will find on the following link an information note on the installation of rescue parachute in Strike 2.
Download the note
|Pilot height (cm)||155/170||165 /185||175 /195||185-205|
|Pilot weight (min - max) (kg)||50 - 80||60 - 85||70 - 110||80-120|
|Weight of the harness (g)||from 1847 g||from 1947 g||from 2047 g||from 2092 g|
|A - Back height (cm)||58||65||68||72|
|B - Height of the backrest tilt adjustment (cm)||34,5||36,5||39||41|
|C - Seat depth (cm)||45||45||47||47|
|D - Seat width (cm)||33||33||35||35|
|E - Height of attachment points (cm)||40||40||42||44|
|F - Distance between attachment points (cm)||38-46||38-46||40-48||40-48|
|G - Speedbag length (cm)||91||96||103||108|
|Homologation||EN 1651: 1999||EN 1651: 1999||EN 1651: 1999||EN 1651: 1999|
|Maximum volume of parachute bag ( Litres)||4,5 L||4,5 L||4,75 L||4,75 L|
|Weight (in grams) according to mode||S||M||L||XL|
|Comfort mode (as delivered)||2300||2400||2500||2545|
|Competition||Light||Standard||Comfort (As Delivered)|
|Inflatable BUMP (optional)||Inflatable BUMP (optional)||BUMP Standard||BUMP standard|
|Connect (optional)||Carabiners Grivel||Carabiners Grivel||Carabiners Grivel|
|Speed bar||Speed bar||plate under Seat||plate under Seat|
|Dyneema rescue lifts||Dyneema rescue lifts||Speed bar||Back comfort plate|
|Dyneema rescue lifts||Speed bar|
|Dyneema rescue lifts|
|In this mode, the harness is inserted into the legstraps, no seatplates and inflatable BUMP option.||In this mode, the harness opens fully, no seatplates and inflatable BUMP option.||In this mode, the harness opens completely, controlled by the seatplates. The BUMP is the one delivered with the harness.||In this mode, the harness opens completely, piloting with the seatplates. The BUMP is the one delivered with the harness. The back support is reinforced for a great in-flight comfort.|
The size of the STRIKE 2 has been revised compared to the STRIKE 1, with the addition of the XL size, approved up to 120 kg. This allows for accurate coverage and a good fit for pilots from 1.60m to 2m.
Size M is larger than on the STRIKE 1. Please refer to the size chart, if in doubt, please contact us.
STRIKE2 and flight bivouac
OPTION : Dyneema connectors
INFLATABLE BUMP OPTION :
You can find information about the STK 2 inflatable BUMP on the dedicated page: Bump STK2 inflatable